Hello everyone! So I wanted to share a health challenge my aunts, uncles, cousins and I did a few weeks ago. Each day there were 10 things we got points for doing each day.
1) Get 7 hours of sleep ( it didn't have to be consecutive-you could take a nap if you fell short)
2) Get 30 min exercise each day -sunday was a bonus if you went to church :) It could be taking a brisk walk or swimming-whatever you wanted really
3) Eat 5 servings of fruit or vegetables
4) No sweets (cookies, cakes, ice cream)
5) No carbonation
6) No junk food (chips, or fry's etc.
7) 2 servings of whole wheat
8) 6-8 cups of water
9) No eating after 8pm
10) One of one family time
Basically we got a point for each of the things we did each day for a total of 10 points a day. Now the best part is you got 3 bonus points each week where you could have a treat, miss a day of exercise, or whatever. We did the challenge for 4 weeks and everybody put in $20 for the kitty.
To be honest with you I FELT SO GOOD! It was hard but I felt so healthy and full of energy! Really it's just like living the word of wisdom and taking care of our bodies, eating in moderation, etc. It ended up there were 9 winners who all got perfect scores. Everyone loved it so we are doing it again starting June 15th and doing it for 8 weeks. (it works out we end the day we start our family reunion.) We aren't doing the money thing this time, but are still trying to think of a reward. Anyways, I hope it makes sense the way I explained it but I wanted to invite whoever would like to join me in doing this again! Any takers?!