Friday, April 17, 2009

Cheep, useful and cute to boot.

In the spirit of sharing I just finished a project that seems to me to fit with the principles of thrift I was reading about in Elder Scott's last talk. I was feeling my house was lacking in colour and a place to put all the pictures my little Livvy and David are drawing. You know be a good mom and display their creations build self worth and confidence. I thought "I need some colourful bulletin boards" so I headed to the home improvement store. I got 2'x2' acoustic ceiling tiles and covered them with fabric. The panels are great. I just nailed right though the front to mount them on the wall and now I have cut bulletin boards for cheap. The tile where about 50cents each and the fabric was about $10 for all 4. I used a staple gun to attach the fabric. It was a quick project with big impact in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment