Crispy Parmesan Chicken
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg white
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch each salt and pepper
- Preheat over to 400. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4" thick strips.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together egg white and 2 tsp water. In another dish, stur together parmesan cheese, cornflake crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken strip into egg white mixture, roll in crumb mixture and place on greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy golden and no longer pink inside.
2 med. carrots diced
1/2 cup diced celery
1 med. onion diced (I used less)
1/4 cup julienned (or diced) red pepper
1/4 cup julienned (or diced) yellow pepper
2 tbsp canola oil (I used less than half of that)
1 med. zucchini diced
3 tsp dried basil leaves (not ground)
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Dash Tobasco sauce
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, heat oil then saute the carrots, celery, onion and peppers 6-8 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Add the next five ingredients. Mix well and heat.
- Stir in couscous.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and remover from heat. Let stand 5-8 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.